BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Text Editing Tool > Tabs

Anonymous
Not applicable
The ony tab available in AC is the left tab.

I WISH > for a selection of other tab types; right tab, center tab, decimal tab, bar tab. And, while I'm wishing > tab leader formats; underline, string of dots, string of hyphens.

I was hoping that when a text block was copy/pasted from a text editor that it would include the other tab types, but alas.
5 REPLIES 5
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
I agree. A right tab would be very handy (necessary, even) for tabulating numbers (in a code analysis, say).
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Laura > generally in a code analysis, or in most tables of numbers, you have to deal with decimal numbers. So better than a right tab, a decimal tab would usually be more useful.
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
46cruisair wrote:
Laura > generally in a code analysis, or in most tables of numbers, you have to deal with decimal numbers. So better than a right tab, a decimal tab would usually be more useful.
When dealing with tables of numbers, we really need BOTH. I agree.
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
Anonymous
Not applicable
I think we need the TABLE TOOL
Geof Gainer
Booster
AC 19 and still no decimal tab.

Even better would be a hyphen tab, if there is such a thing. Then feet-and-inch dimensions could align (for those of us stuck in the inane Imperial system).

What would be really nice is a basic spreadsheet to tally basic sums too. Big hassle importing from excel, and not linkable either.
AC fan since v 7. Currently on AC 26 Build 5003 USA FULL Apple Silicon,. 2022 Mac Studio, 32G ram. OS X 12.6.2
Learn and get certified!