Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Text label tool with a proper leader

Anonymous
Not applicable
Fix the independent label tool for text. Allow the leader line to align with the MIDDLE of the first line of text that spans over multiple lines. Currently it jumps to the top of the text box, which is above the text, or the middle of the text box, which can be confusing.
36 REPLIES 36
Anonymous
Not applicable
My current solution is to place <enter> characters at the beginning of the text block until the top line lines up with the leader tail.
Anonymous
Not applicable
. . . and allow repositioning of the text end node of the arrow leadr to be adjusted in relation to the text without having to reposition the entire text block in the process.
Essential, naturally. So essential that it's OK to wish for twice . I think repeating an essential wish every 28 months is probably allowed. Seriously, very frustrating, and something that should have been caught when the tool was designed.
James Murray

Archicad 25 • Rill Architects • macOS • OnLand.info
David Pacifico
Booster
I agree.
A bit off topic, but have I miss the discussion about not being able to put text on the left side of a text label without first putting it on the right and mirroring it?
David Pacifico, RA

AC27 iMac i9, 32 gig Ram, 8 gig video Ram
Anonymous
Not applicable
How many times can I vote essential?
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Essential indeed - such a poor oversight.

Jay said:
My current solution is to place <enter> characters at the beginning of the text block until the top line lines up with the leader tail.
That's a pretty good workaround though!

David said:
A bit off topic, but have I miss the discussion about not being able to put text on the left side of a text label without first putting it on the right and mirroring it?
Sounds like you have 'Fix Angle' checked. There was a bug in 9 where this kept checking itself on. Thankfully it's been fixed in 10!

Cheers,
Link.
David Pacifico
Booster
Link wrote:

Sounds like you have 'Fix Angle' checked. There was a bug in 9 where this kept checking itself on. Thankfully it's been fixed in 10!
That was it. Thanks Link.
David Pacifico, RA

AC27 iMac i9, 32 gig Ram, 8 gig video Ram
Jere
Expert
Where's the "this is an embarrassingly necessary fix" option??

Designed by architects for architects?
ArchiCAD 26-5002; Windows 11; Intel i7-10700KF; 16GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1660
Paul King
Advisor
Every node should be a stretchy node, for WYSIWYG text formatting. Adjusting location of one node should not require user to adjust all other nodes to compensate just to maintain original positions

Leader line tail should stretch automatically if text column resized.

Large gaps between end character of of first row of text and leader line tail starting to right of text should automatically close up to a consistent offset from last character.

If arrow direction is flipped, text should stay put - not require reformatting
If text is moved or stretched, arrow head on leader should stay put.

Multi jointed & non horizontal tails to leader lines should be possible for those tricky situations

Leader lines should have an editing mode akin to detail marker placement mode where leader line intelligently links desired start point and end point, based on formatting rules - eg. tail of leader always 5mm long and starts 3mm from end of text, or all joints in leader line must be right angles or 45 degrees, or multiples of 30 degrees etc...
PAUL KING | https://www.prime.net.nz
ArchiCAD 8-27 | Twinmotion 2023
Windoze 11 PC | Intel Core i9 10900K | Nvidia Gforce RTX 3080 | 32 Gb DDR3 | 2x4K monitor extended desktop