BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Texture direction on columns

Karl Wir_n
Enthusiast
We are using Archicad models for visualisation so this issue is very important to us.
When I heard that Graphisoft was redoing the column tool in AC23, I assumed they would fix the issue with texture direction. But I still can't change the texture direction on the sides. How come there is this limitation? We still have to change all columns into morphs in order to be able to map them correctly. Or making one new copy of the surface for every tilt angle, which is a very old fashioned method.
It would be interesting to hear from Graphisoft if there is a reason for not including texture direction in the new column tool.
And, of course, this is a big wish from our company for future updates.

Karl Wirén
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
Agreed. It is essential.
You can vote for something like this here.
Cheers,
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi All,

Thank you for sharing the issue and I am sorry about the experience!

As Karl pointed out, this is a limitation of ARCHICAD. There are some technical challenges to overcome if the texture for columns is redesigned. As a result, this may introduce some instability to the software when calculating the orientation to apply the texture on the column's surface.

This is a recorded wish in our system already. I truly hope that we can find a way to properly implement this in the future, as I can see its importance in modeling!

Once again, thank you for sharing the issue, and I am truly sorry for the inconvenience that this is causing to your projects!

I wish you all a great day, and stay safe!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Learn and get certified!