BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

The Effect of Cutting a Section After Light Rendering.

Gus
Newcomer
First of all see the attached image.
I think the following idea would be easy to code.

This type of a view of the First Floor of a house is very useful for clients to see.
However it is not accurate.
The shadows and light shown are very misleading because of course they would only exist after a tornado ripped off the roof.

The goal:
To show the actual shadows and light reflections, as if there really were a roof on the building.

The effect is as if a light rendering were done with the roof on, then the building was sliced horizontally just below the roof.

Possible Solution:
Create a material (probably a roof or slab) that is invisible completely in the completed rendered image, but is completely visible to the program as it is processing how the light bounces around the rooms, creates shadows in the rooms, and illuminates the objects in the rooms.

Also:
This concept is not only important when showing views like this - 3D Floor Plans. It would also be amazing in fact it would blow the competition out of the water if you could do it in 3D section views.

Figure out how to do a section of a model that has already had it's light rendering done (where the light effects don't change after you section it) and you will be on the front page of every architecture publication, with people saying how did they do that? and the answer would be ArchiCAD!

We want to see how the light effects the rooms, but we also want to see a section of the building at the same time. To be able to do this would change architecture forever. It can't be done with real models, only on a computer, but as far as I know nobody has done it yet and I can't believe nobody has done it yet.

If someone out there knows of a program that does this already please let me know.

These Shadows Should Not Be Here.JPG
www.michaelgustavson.com Architect NY WI IL
Madison WI
Archicad21 MEP EcoDesSTAR Win10-64-bit
EliteBook8570W Corei7-3630QM@2.40GHz
QuadroK2000m RAM32 (2)250GBSSDs
4 Monitors Internet:4Up60Down
0 REPLIES 0
Learn and get certified!