BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

The possibility to work with ALL colours in the pen set

Paopao
Booster
As an architect I find it frustrating having to do a lot of post-production work after I draw in Archicad. If we were allowed larger and easier customisable sets of pen (like in Autocad) it would make a great chunk of the architect population happier I think.

Let's face it, when you submit drawing for competition the last think you want is to end up with drawings as anyone else. I know this may not be a problem for engineers but I feel that for architects it is, as we care more about visual communicatio.

PP
AC26 EDU • WIN 10 • Intel Core i7 2.8 GHz• 32G RAM• NVidia GForce GTX 1080
4 REPLIES 4
Karl Ottenstein
Can you give a precise description of something you want to do but find that you cannot? Your whinge doesn't really tell me what you need... Give an example.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
You have 255 Pens in a Pen Set, you can define any of them to any color you want.
Also, you can have as many Pen Set as you need.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Eduardo Rolon
laszlonagy wrote:
You have 255 Pens in a Pen Set, you can define any of them to any color you want.
Also, you can have as many Pen Set as you need.
This is the same "amount" that Autocad has though in AC they are easier to modify and assign.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

When a shaded view is pasted to Plan or so....the fills get the RGB pens...
But such pens are not user selectable but they are there...hidden

Best Regards,
Piotr
Learn and get certified!