Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.
SOLVED!

There are things that are caught invisible such as section break during section work.

LeeJaeYoung
Virtuoso

LeeJaeYoung_0-1664993952343.png

There are things that are caught invisible such as section break during section work. I don't want it to be selected. I keep getting stuck at work.

AC27 on window 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Barry Kelly

The only way to avoid selecting this is to turn the "Section Range' off by right mouse clicking in the section.

BarryKelly_0-1665019736991.png

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Solution
Barry Kelly

The only way to avoid selecting this is to turn the "Section Range' off by right mouse clicking in the section.

BarryKelly_0-1665019736991.png

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27

I agree these pickups are frustrating. These marker lines and other elements should be ignored if placed on a locked layer.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
James B
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

These Section/Elevation Range lines, don't select when you hold shift.

James Badcock
Graphisoft Senior Product Manager

Thanks for that James.

Nor when you swipe an area to select elements.

And if there is an element exactly on the break line, it will select the element before the break line even when you select by a node of the element on the break line.

Just an issue if you want to add an element exactly on the break line (that you can't see until you hover over it).

Then it will select and move the break line rather than place the new element.

As I mentioned before, just turn off the Section/Elevation Range.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27
DGSketcher
Legend

@James B That shift trick doesn't work on macOS.

@Barry Kelly Turning off the section range destroys the view depth and risks loosing data e.g. dimensions, if that's what you are suggesting? Plus turning the range lines off in View settings doesn't stop them being selected.

The same problem manifests in roofs, shells and probably all inclined elements where they are cut with the FPCP. On a complex roof it can be really frustrating trying to pick up the elements below while AC insists on picking up on every line in the unseen structure above.

Even the Section views seem to have a preference for picking up & moving the boundary in preference to a drawn element in close proximity.

I personally think the whole on screen selection process needs some serious research and updating to better reflect user priority on what gets picked up when and why. 

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

I only use macOS, and it works for me. Can you DM me with steps to reproduce? Thanks.

James Badcock
Graphisoft Senior Product Manager

@DGSketcher wrote:

@Barry Kelly Turning off the section range destroys the view depth and risks loosing data e.g. dimensions, if that's what you are suggesting? Plus turning the range lines off in View settings doesn't stop them being selected.

No, not the marker range you see in plan that you can find the option for in 'On-Screen View Options'.

It is a right mouse click in the section/elevation and it just turns off the ability to adjust the width of the section/elevation line and any staggers that may have been set in it.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27

@Barry Kelly With the Marker Range lines off in the View Settings you can still find the hidden lines and consequently select the marker deliberately or accidentally on macOS in AC26 4004 preview.

It has been like this as long as I can remember, which isn't long these days... 🙄

@James B DM sent.