- Please have a form to "contact us" -- for example to contact forum moderators directly. This post would have been private if I had had the opportunity to do so.
Click on the envelope at the top right of the forum and you can send a message privately to any user.
But only if it has to be private.
Posts like this are fine on the forum.
- Please show the number of views for a thread. Why was this removed? This community, or at least the developer community, has a very small response rate, yet it used to be that I could at least see if people were looking at a particular thread. Not anymore.
Not really necessary in my opinion.
Every time I just looked at a post in the old forum it would add a count to the number of views.
So if I read the post 10 times without responding, 10 would be added to the count.
A user just looking at the post would register a count, many people read all posts or just skim through, so the count really means nothing.
It is the replies that are important.
Low response rate could be fro a number of reasons - tricky question that has others stumped, unclear question, specialised subject that many may read but not have the knowledge to answer.
- Is it possible to have a list view of more than 10 posts per page? It's so not useful to have to click 180 times "next" and to have to scroll endlessly vertically to find-that-thing-that-you-remember-if-only-you-see-it.
Yes go into your profile > My Settings, there are many options in there that you can change including the number of posts you see.
- Is it possible to have a list view of posts, with only the titles, no text preview?
In the General Community at the moment , no.
But if you list all unread post by using these links here in the What's New section (https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/What-s-new/Shortcut-to-Unread-Posts/m-p/306435/highlight/true#M7...), you will see you have the option for preview or full text.
The forum is still being tweaked at the moment.
There are many things happening behind the scenes but it all takes time.
- Badges. Why? I created a single post, and then I received 7 badges. Welcome badge. Icebreaker badge. Top starter 5 badge. Responder 10 badge. Responder badge. Responder 5 badge. All at the same instant... ?
You will get many as you start, but they will settle down with time.
- Why have the thumbs up? People respond to threads that are interesting to them. but rarely engage with the thumb thing. On the other hand, having an icon that says "I'm following this thread" -- now that would be more useful.
The thumbs up is a way for people to say they agree with a post without having to reply "+1" or words to that effect.
I am not sure if liking a post automatically subscribes you to it, but anyone can subscribe in the post options and follow a post without having to reply.
- Dates and forum name shouldn't appear at the bottom of the text snippet. These should appear next to the name, or right below it, before the text snippet content. Imagine if you received an email, and the email header contained the name but you had to scroll at the bottom of the email to know when it was sent. (???).
- Get Together -> What's new. The posts are supposed to be sorted by "most recent", but the dates are not sorted. The dates I see as of now are of posts: Sept 17, 13, 27, 8, 6, 27, 20, 17, ....
Those dates in the forum lists (most recent) seem to show the date of the original post and not the date of the reply.
Go to the link I added before for unread posts and the dates will show for the reply.
I think that attempts to answer all of your questions. 😀
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 25
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Dell Precision 3510 - i7 6820HQ @ 2.70GHz, 16GB RAM, AMD FirePro W5130M, Windows 10