BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Tile layouts?

Anonymous
Not applicable
How about an option to tile several layout windows in a larger uber layout. As a student, I find I want to do quick and cheap printouts. Tiling would allow me to split an A1 into 4 A3's, which a lot of people have as a printer at home these days. It would also be seriously useful in laying out multi-board presentations. A simple grid with some ability to adjust margins in between would suffice.
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm desperate for multi-page prints and haven't been able to figure out how... I just assumed it wasn't possible.

And, since I re-read the thread, I get that it's kinda not. Hrmph.

Is there a wish for a multi-layout option? I really want to print 2 layouts at 50% on one sheet.
Karl Ottenstein
Jocelyn wrote:
I really want to print 2 layouts at 50% on one sheet.
I gave you one method via PDF...??

Generally, 2 on one sheet at 50% is only possible anyway if your original margins are pretty large and/or your printer can print with remarkably small margins. If a sheet is set up to use most of the printable area, then when the sheets are reduced to 50%, the resulting margins will be too small for many printers and things on the edges will get chopped off.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
laszlonagy wrote:
I think this is absolutely essential.
On top of that, this was a feature PlotMaker 9 had (it was called Multi-Page Layouts) but was lost or omitted when PlotMaker was merged into ArchiCAd in ArchiCAD 10.
Yes, indeed, support fully! I and opened a similar theme
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=27634 exactly about PlotMaker 9!

I VERY want to pass on ARCHICAD 12, but on the sort of the activity (besides directly I teach architectures in the Kharkov national municipal academy) I, indeed often run into unsealing a single display on a few leaves (2x3 sheet of А0, for example).

And concerning a ploting in single large PDF with subsequent his auto breaking up of printer a driver - it not always correctly, and you talk - it is impossible to control the field of impositions.
Learn and get certified!