BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Time Card

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am not sure this is the right forum to request this but I would like ArchiCAD to have a built in feature that keeps track of time spent on a project on a daily basis. It will eliminate the need to wait for a 3rd party developer to catch up to the latest release of AC.

I am certain his will be of tremendous help to all firms.

Dave.
7 REPLIES 7
Karl Ottenstein
Cigraph has ArchiTime available for all recent versions of AC:

http://www.cigraph.it/cigraph/pagetrans.do?action=current_product&prodotti_id=8&lang=en

I'm not sure how useful it, or your proposal, would necessarily be? Work is interrupted by phone calls, meetings, etc and it seems to assign time to proper categories is more accurately done with conventional means such as QuickBooks Timer.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks. I will look into it.

Dave.
Eduardo Rolon
and there is Billings, On the Job and iBiz which let you track time and create reports on what you have worked not only AC.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Eduardo:

I did visit the Billings and iBis site. I noticed both of them offer trial versions. I had trouble signing on to the 'On the Job' website. Still it would be nice to get feedback from an actual user. Have you used either one of these software for more than just keeping track of time? Have you used one them and their template for billing? It would be nice to know if these are established companies so the user is not left helpless if it folds in the near future

Dave
Eduardo Rolon
I have paid for all 3, a quick review

iBiz - I bought first when it was called iWork, buggy, slow and complicated. Didn't upgrade and have not tried since it change its name

On the Job - cheap, fast, easy to organize by dragging and moving folders around, and simple for time tracking, never used its invoice functions though. It has been the one I have used most because of its simplicity, (select the job, create new task and hit the timer) . Version 3 has been in limbo for a long time (+ 6 months I think) and that is one of the reasons I decided to try Billings (which has a special price going until the end of November). For on the Job you can try this link to see if it works.

http://stuntsoftware.com/OnTheJob/

Billings - I have not spent enough time with it yet but it "feels" like a grown up OTJ or what OTJ3 might be when it is released.

HTH
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Rod Jurich
Contributor
Dave,

Also look at OfficeTime. Easy, quick, have been using for over a year

http://www.officetime.net/download.html
Rod Jurich
AC4.55 - AC14 INT (4204) |  | OBJECTiVE |
Anonymous
Not applicable
Eduardo & Rod:
Thank you both for responding and links. I will check them out. Happy Thanksgiving.

Dave.
Learn and get certified!