Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Trace Reference by Storey

DGSketcher
Legend

When collaborating with external drawings I bring them into a worksheet and then use them for viewing the original drawing and as a trace reference. On smaller projects each floor is usually different in layout. The current trace method requires changing the reference for each floor plan view e.g. The trace ground floor plan will be used globally in each storey plan until changed. I appreciate on multi-storey projects this isn't as much of an issue, but for those of us on limited size projects changing the trace reference every time you change storey is a pain and can sometimes lead to making unnecessary changes because the wrong reference is displayed.

Please can we update the trace reference tool to have an option to use a trace reference on all storeys AND an option to set the trace reference per storey plan.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
7 REPLIES 7
Vasileios S_
Advocate

I find it interesting! I would love that feature!

You cannot build a line.
jl_lt
Ace

It would be absolutely awesone. I might add a button to reset all trace reference 

What I understood is that we would have a trace reference based on storey. For example, trace reference the storey below. When you are in the 1st floor, you trace reference, the groundfloor. When you are in the 2nd, you trace reference the 1st etc...

You cannot build a line.

That would be one option. The other option suggested by @DGSketcheris asigning a specific worksheet to a specific floor plan level or section which would be great.  My suggestion is just a simple reset button for all this to start fresh again

@Vasileios S_ Trace story above / below is already built in to the trace tool, my problem is using external consultants story plan drawings as a reference. 

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

Oh I get it! Super-handy! +1 from me!

You cannot build a line.
Aus
Newcomer

thanks