BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Tracking Layer Combinations in View Sets

MSotero
Participant
If you change the Name of a Layer Combination, Navigator does not keep up-to-date with the change under the View Sets tab. Instead it says it is a "Missing Layer."

As such, you need to redefine your View Sets if you change the Layer Combination name.

Interesting, it is up-to-date in the Project Map tab of the Navigator under the View Settings: pop up palette.

It seems that the View Sets should keep up-to-date without assistance.

If there is a reason for not wanting it to keep up-to-date please explain.
5 REPLIES 5
Karl Ottenstein
Looks like a bug to me!

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
__archiben
Booster
it should be a snap - the navigator simply has to remember the layer combination ID assigned by archiCAD, NOT the name.

i am currently at the archiCAD university winter school in austria with david et al. luckily there is also a contingent from graphisoft and we have been filling up their notepads with things like this all week!

i'll make sure that it's mentioned later . . .

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Anonymous
Not applicable
~/archiben wrote:
i am currently at the archiCAD university winter school in austria with david et al.
Can we get photos ?
__archiben
Booster
Geoffroy wrote:
Can we get photos ?
okay . . . just this once!

(i'm sure david will be producing an all-singing, all-dancing, webpage review soon, anyway.)

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Anonymous
Not applicable
~/archiben wrote:
Geoffroy wrote:
Can we get photos ?

okay . . . just this once!

(i'm sure david will be producing an all-singing, all-dancing, webpage review soon, anyway.)

~/archiben

Great... did David shaved his "moustache" ?
Learn and get certified!