Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Trim and Extend Polylines

Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
I wish we could trim and extend polylines (even adjusting would be cool).

It's not like I hate people saying '...well AutoCAD can do it...", but it is a common saying in my life.

I'm actually thinking of writing a song....

Cheers,
Link.
19 REPLIES 19
Aussie John
Newcomer
I'll accompany you.

At least you can split polylines
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
Aussie wrote:
you can split polylines
I wish you could split them with a non-infinite line.
James Murray

Archicad 25 • Rill Architects • macOS • OnLand.info
Anonymous
Not applicable
You beat me to it on this one but I'll add a couple of points that need airing.

I noticed that although I cannot trim polylines using line extras tools that it does not 'grey' out the commands in the menu AND when you explode the polylines so you can edit them easily they become unselected so you need to undo/redo to continue operations on them, the latter being less important but still annoying.

Aussie John wrote:
I wish you could split them with a non-infinite line.
That would be a very useful improvement.

Roolio
Anonymous
Not applicable
I posted a month ago a question what actually the use of polylines was - and I got answers that it behaved like an element and couldbe edited like a rubber-band, etc. Who needs a rubber-band or an element that cannot be trimmed?! Or adjusted? When inventing a new tool why not look at what the competition have had FOR YEARS? You can do it in AutoCad...
Anonymous
Not applicable
I also wish you could add segments to a polyline using Unify WITHOUT having to explode the original polyline first. For example, you can't unify two polylines into one, you have to explode both of them and then unify the lines.
giza
Booster
don't know if you tried it in AC 9 ,it works just fine
you can trim and extend (adjust) polylines with no problem
Gezim Radoniqi | Architect | BIM Manager @ 4MGroup
ArchiCAD user since version 6
AMD Ryzen 3950X CPU, 64 GB RAM, NVidia RTX 3060 12GB
Dwight
Newcomer
Just did a "Unify" on a polyline.....
Dwight Atkinson
Djordje
Ace
Jay wrote:
I also wish you could add segments to a polyline using Unify WITHOUT having to explode the original polyline first. For example, you can't unify two polylines into one, you have to explode both of them and then unify the lines.
Must be the US version ... but then, not - Dwight has it too.

Do your polylines touch?
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Djordje wrote:
Must be the US version ... but then, not - Dwight has it too. Do your polylines touch?
My original post was from last May in the era of 8.1. The polyline tool and editing commands in AC9 are great!