Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Trim and Extend Polylines

Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
I wish we could trim and extend polylines (even adjusting would be cool).

It's not like I hate people saying '...well AutoCAD can do it...", but it is a common saying in my life.

I'm actually thinking of writing a song....

Cheers,
Link.
19 REPLIES 19
Dwight
Newcomer
Duh.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Do we have to wait to version 10 to have a 3D-polyline?
Djordje
Ace
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Jay wrote:
I also wish you could add segments to a polyline using Unify WITHOUT having to explode the original polyline first. For example, you can't unify two polylines into one, you have to explode both of them and then unify the lines.
yeah,it is real problem~~
Erika Epstein
Booster
Never having used a cad program other than archicad, it has taken me a while to warm up to the polyline.

Now, I use it for
-cut lines as the end pieces can be easily stretched and the rest stays together; I keep them in my templates especially details
- and other items that I can advantage of them staying in a sense 'grouped' because I drew them with a polyline rather than a multi-segmented regular line. The pieces stay together even when I have the group feature suspended.

More and more I find it quite useful.

For what other purposes have y'all found it useful?
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Djordje
Ace
kliment wrote:
Do we have to wait to version 10 to have a 3D-polyline?
ArchiForma ...
Djordje

HP Omen
Djordje
Ace
byewind wrote:
Jay wrote:
I also wish you could add segments to a polyline using Unify WITHOUT having to explode the original polyline first. For example, you can't unify two polylines into one, you have to explode both of them and then unify the lines.
yeah,it is real problem~~
Works in 9 ...
Djordje

HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Djordje wrote:

ArchiForma ...

I know of ArchiForna, Djordie, I was talking about ArchiCAD! I think any CAD application nowadays which has polyline would have a 3d version of it too!

For example in Max there are no difference between 2d and 3d polylines and lines!

Anyway, the ArchiForma polyline and 3d polyline are too rough to use. I still swith to Max or Autocad when I need to use any.
Darren_Kilker
Booster
So in AC23 Trim works for a polyline, but we are still waiting for the Extend. We can edit, and joint with other polylines but still can't extend. If there is a way to extend I haven't found it.

I avoid using lines, hate them! Polylines are grouped by design.

Another wish waiting for 15 years to happen.
Eduardo Rolon
Granted in AC24
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator