BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.
SOLVED!

Turning the 3d preview of objects in the dialog tool box

Tinou
Enthusiast

Now, when I want to turn of 90° the 3d preview of objects, it turns also in the model. Usually, I need to turn this preview for choosing the good options and see it quickly, but I never make rotation of objects from the dialog box. (I do it in plan view)

I would like to choose and change easily the preview of any object without mooving it in the model.

I would love having the same ability for fences, parapet, stairs, doors, windows, etc.

For some specific objects, like furniture, AC could define a "front" wiew that should be by default in the preview, what ever the orientation of object is in the model.

For doors and window, would be usefull to switch directly from outside to inside front wiew.

Étienne - AC 24 - France
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
DGSketcher
Legend

@Tinou Which version of AC are you running? This behaviour has changed in AC26 inline with your request if you click in the Preview window. Only the plan view will impact the object position.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Solution
DGSketcher
Legend

@Tinou Which version of AC are you running? This behaviour has changed in AC26 inline with your request if you click in the Preview window. Only the plan view will impact the object position.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Tinou
Enthusiast

Thanks !

I use the AC 24.

It's possible that sometimes I suggest things that already exist in further versions.

Étienne - AC 24 - France

@Tinou wrote:

It's possible that sometimes I suggest things that already exist in further versions.

That is why you should always try using the latest version.

And if you are not using it, then check if your wish has been granted in the new version before asking it.

Or at least ask the question if it has been added.

There is really no point wishing for new features if you are not using the latest version.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Sorry but I use AC as worker of a small company, so I don't choose which version of software is used in our office.

Anyway, I always tried to understand what new features brigns the new version, when it was published, even if we don't have it. Unfortunately, the main changes that would be usefull for me didn't appear yet. This one is just a detail of them and I didn't notice it, sorry.

Also it's an effort for me to explain my wishes in english, because we don't have this forum in my language, but I do believe collective feedback can bring this tool to the top.

So if some day I suggest one thing that exist in AC 26, just ignore it.

Étienne - AC 24 - France
Learn and get certified!