BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Types of Fills in Objects

Anonymous
Not applicable
Here is my wish:

I wish we could classifie fill types inside all gdl objects, stairs and markers back fills (at least the ones inside the default graphisoft library). You see, all the fills in objects behave as drafting fills regarding the model view options... in some cases it would be useful to change its type from drafting (default) to cover fill or cut fill.
Example: Using the ramp object as a structure element in the image bellow:
It behaves correctly according to the slabs and the other furnitures in an architecture model view (with patterns and colors)
In the second image I see the model in a construction black and white view with "model view option" cover fill override to "No Fill". Because the Ramp object uses a drafting Fill it wont behave as the other building objects. This could be achieved by a per object fashion or by the "miscellaneous settings for library parts" in the View model options Window. I know there are work arounds but I´m tired of working like this to achieve quality work... and besides I´d like to see all the elements of my model to behave more consistently and predictable way.
Cheers
0 REPLIES 0
Learn and get certified!