BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

UX Interface - Custom Colors

brayan henrique
Contributor
I'm new here and I use a translator, so I may be lost in creating this topic. I would like to give you an idea of ​​implementation.

It would allow users to customize the colors of the archicad interface. This would not require a dark mode interface to be developed by the team of programmers. But dark mode and many other color combinations could be created by the community. And shared by the community.

I saw it inside "Blender" and wondered why it doesn't exist inside the archicad, but it would be nice to be a little more friendly than how it works in blender

(I would like to point out that I am just a "user" so I don’t understand the internal structure for implementing this idea, financial costs, time, nor the complexity of scheduling the archicad to receive this. But I thought it would be a good idea)

(I'm sorry if something in the textual structure doesn’t make much sense, or if it’s grammatically incorrect, the google translator doesn’t always make much sense )
2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly
You mean coloured tool bars and tools?

We used to have this prior to version 20 but that all changed the the black/blue/grey that we have now.
I didn't like it much at the time but must admit I am quite used to it now.
I would still like a little more colour though.

We now have 'Dark Mode' as well (for Mac users) that also affects the background colours of the tool bars as well.
Personally I don't like the all dark screens (maybe that is something I could get used to as well).
But the ability to set your own colour palette might be interesting.
There is basically only 3 colours to control now - the black/blue of the icon and the grey of the background.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Bethany_C
Contributor
I would love to see more colors or at least some kind of differentiation between icons in the toolbars. The curtain wall, window, and mesh tool are especially similar.
Learn and get certified!