BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Unicode support

MarinRacic
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
We need Unicode support!
I was hoping AC9 will have it, but it does not... As a Mac user from Croatia it's extremely frustrating not to be able to try to share .plns with Windows ArchiCAD users! All the other major apps are Unicode compliant (MS Office, Adobe CS, all of Macromedia except Freehand, Apple Keynote etc.) and I don't think that it's such a big problem to solve. It's so strange this issue hadn't been addressed before as Graphisoft is from Hungary, not some Western country that doesn't care about that kind of problem.
MBPro Retina 2.7i7/16GB/SSD
AC ...20/21
www.3Dart.hr
2 REPLIES 2
Karl Ottenstein
MarinRacic wrote:
We need Unicode support!
I was hoping AC9 will have it, but it does not...
I completely agree, Marin. For what it's worth, AFAIK, 9.0 is supposed to have Unicode support, but the final pre-release version does not display it. I reported the issue early on during testing, and am hopeful that R1/V1 has this fixed...and if not, that R2/V2 definitely will.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
MarinRacic
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Thanks heavens... GS, I mean!

This solves almost ALL of my problems! It's not so easy using a Mac in all-Windows surrounding. In Croatia Macs are used mostly for audio, video and graphic design... Almost none are used for architecture or engineering!
MBPro Retina 2.7i7/16GB/SSD
AC ...20/21
www.3Dart.hr
Learn and get certified!