BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Unique Pen for VECTOR HATCHING

vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Please, please provide us the option of choosing and override pen for the VECTOR HATCHING in any of the windows (3d Document, Elevation, Section, Interior Elev..)

I NEED to be able to THIN UP hatching lines for graphic production...
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
3 REPLIES 3
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Duane:

I suspect you are looking for a global override. The pen can be set under Materials > Vectorial Hatching.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Karl Ottenstein
Do Pen Sets not help, Duane? If you always want all fills (hatches) to be the same, whatever that might be, in each view, then one pen assigned to fills would do it. Change the width in different pen sets and use those sets per view.

If it is element related, then one of the more complex pen sets (discussed in various threads) can help - where a ramp of pens is assigned for each element type - and the ramp includes a fill pen. Then you can control your wall (e.g.) hatch pen width independently of other hatch pens...

I've wanted Revit's ability to alter an individual element's pen width from time to time (e.g., your technique of emboldening certain outline elements in elevations to make them 'pop'), but find AC's Pen Sets handle global changes per view just fine.

Maybe I'm missing something in the specific case you're talking about though...?

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Yes to both of you, but here's the rub...

The elevations can use ELEMENTS PENS for both, in which case I'd have to set up pens for all the UNCUT ELEMENTS the same(in each elements settings) and then go thru materials and do the OVERRIDING PEN

or

Elevation OVERRIDE BOTH to the same PEN? I guess I just don't get why they would NOT just give the option to vector hatching pens separate from uncut element pens here...

Just a thought..
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
Learn and get certified!