BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Unlinked Elevations & Fills

Anonymous
Not applicable
When you unlink an elevation (created with the section tool) all the vectoral hatching is turned in to tiny little lines. That's crazy! Unlinked vectoral hatching should turn into fills.
5 REPLIES 5
It's been too long, maybe someone else can remember...

In the version (5.1?) before the version where vectorial hatching was officially available in sections, the feature was available on the special menu. I could have sworn that version of the functionality created fills on unlinking. Maybe I dreamed it.
James Murray

Archicad 25 • Rill Architects • macOS • OnLand.info
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes James,

I can remember when fills viewed straight on were rendered as fills in elevation. Only those viewed obliquely were exploded. I thought it was in version 6 but you may be right about being in the 5.1 special menu. It was when I started with you guys back in '98 that I first used that feature extensively.

I have long wished for the return of this feature. Perhaps improvements in working in model view could obviate the need.
Matthew wrote:
Yes James,

I can remember when fills viewed straight on were rendered as fills in elevation.
Aha! How about this one: In 5.1, when you exploded a fill, you got lines. IIRC. Made it a lot easier to modify a symbol fill. Ironically, the workaround is to unlink an elevation of a wall which has the fill applied.
James Murray

Anonymous
Not applicable
James wrote:
Matthew wrote:
Yes James,

I can remember when fills viewed straight on were rendered as fills in elevation.
Aha! How about this one: In 5.1, when you exploded a fill, you got lines. IIRC. Made it a lot easier to modify a symbol fill. Ironically, the workaround is to unlink an elevation of a wall which has the fill applied.
That's funny. As I recall we had to put the fills into library parts and explode them. But my memory could be failing me in my old age. I don't remember ArchiCAD ever being able to explode fills directly (although PlotMaker has been able to do it forever).

BTW: IIRC?
Matthew wrote:
(although PlotMaker has been able to do it forever)

That must be it.

BTW: IIRC?
If I recall correctly.
James Murray

Learn and get certified!