BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Update Layer Combo in Edit dialog box for hidden layers

Scott Bulmer
Booster
When attempting to place anything that is on a hidden layer, a dialog box comes up asking to 'Show Layer, Choose Layer or Cancel.' I believe it would be beneficial to add a fourth choice: 'Show Layer & Modify Layer Combo.' The dialog box would also identify the current layer combo to be updated.

I know it is good practice to insure the correct layer is associated before attempting to place any entity, but sometimes that layer is hidden and this would be another way to update the layer combo.

Hidden-Layer.jpg
AC27 v. 4060 w/ MEP, Cadimage, Twinmotion 2023.2.2 using AC from AC6.0, 2021 MacPro M1 chip, Adobe CC. Used AC on both platforms.
3 REPLIES 3
Marton Kiss
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Thanks Scott for posting this feature request. I documented it so our designers will consider this when looking for new feature candidates.

Of course additional comments are welcome from others as well and don't forget to vote!

Marton
Marton Kiss
VP, Product Success
GRAPHISOFT
Anonymous
Not applicable
I voted Not Important. I could see you losing control of your layer combos, especially if you have a group of elements copied that are on several different layers.
Barry Kelly
This is assuming you are not working with "custom" layers on and that you are working in the layer combination you want to amend.
I will quite often add an element knowing full well that the layer is currently turned off because I am not in the correct layer combination.
Maybe it should be a button that opens the layer dialogue so we can amend multiple layer combinations if needed rather than just one.
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!