Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Updates: List Of Changes

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would like to see a complete list of changes whenever GS releases an update -- expecially if the update changes anything in the standard ArchiCAD Library. I made changes (or fixes) to several of the standard ArchiCAD Library parts in 8.1. When R2 was released, I had no way of knowing what changed. I didn't want to do a complete overwrite of my existing library, so for now I have ignored the R2 library completely (mostly because I haven't had the time to deal with it).

Anyway, my wish is for a complete list of code and/or library modifications with each release.
3 REPLIES 3
Jay,

I'm with you on the wish.

Tip: Keep the AC Library as an archive. Everyone can load it locally since it's stable, at least between updates. The localness and the PLA-ness both make it faster to load. When modifying GS objects, save them in your office or project library with an additional tag like, 'Tree 1 Plan JR.gsm'. (JR is you.)

You still won't know what they changed until they tell us, but at least you won't lose your modifications by writing everything over.
James Murray

Archicad 25 • Rill Architects • macOS • OnLand.info
Anonymous
Not applicable
Using a PLA is definitely better. In fact, I combined ArchiCAD's Library (slightly modified) with our own library of additional objects so users only have to load one PLA. It works pretty slick.
Rob
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Using a PLA is definitely better. In fact, I combined ArchiCAD's Library (slightly modified) with our own library of additional objects so users only have to load one PLA. It works pretty slick.
Jay this approach calls for big troubles with administering libraries in the future. In case of any modification you have to unpack it and pack it back again... honestly, how much time would you save by loading one more extra PLA (I suppose your company's library is not as massive as AC one) instead of just one?
::rk