Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Use accurate verbs in SEO "Add as Target" and "Add as Operator" buttons.

isaacjpu
Booster

I just noticed this, but "Add" isn't actually what these buttons do: they "set" the current selection as Targets or Operators (i.e. they override the current Targets/Operators)

Also, I think it would be best if opening the SEO window with a current selection didn't automatically set that selection as the Target. Maybe i want the selection (i might have made in a different view!) to act as the Operator this time!

isaacjpu_0-1671659215485.png

4 REPLIES 4
Karl Ottenstein

I agree.   Originally, there was no "Maintain Operations" panel when SEOps were first introduced.  At that time, the Add button indeed did let you add elements to the selection.  As this palette evolved, they should have changed Add to Set as you suggest, since the Add function is in the Maintain panel.  Maybe my memory is totally gone, but without launching a really old version... I thought that there used to be buttons for removing elements from being targets or operators, too.  I suppose that went away when the SEOp pet palette was introduced...

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Vasileios S_
Advocate

I agree with this wish. These little details will make AC27 more meaningful.

You cannot build a line.
Benjamin Dani
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Dear all,

Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts about this wish!
I just added it to our wishlist under WISH-12588. 

I hope we can see it implemented soon. 

Best regards,

Dani Benjamin
Technical Support Engineer

woohoo!