Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

VISUAL STARTING POINT FOR POLYGONAL AND CHAIN ITEMS

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think it would be handy to add a visual cue (such as a temp cross or ball like the guide lines) to polygonal and chain functions where started to aid with returning to the "starting point" if needed. Often I loose the beginning when tracing other objects and have to cancel the command to restart. It's frustrating concerning complex actions that have to be repeated but this visual cue would eliminate that.
3 REPLIES 3
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
zeropointreference:

There is a small diamond at the start point for Polygon Tool and chained Walls (I did not look at all Tools), AC 16 and AC 14.

David
Polygon_start_point.gif
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Wow, you're right. It's so small as to be useless though. Especially in the situation I'm talking about where it's easy to loose the little diamond next to an object I'm tracing.

This still needs to get fixed. It needs a better visual cue. Heck, I've been using AC for how long now and never noticed it?

But thanks for the heads-up. Now at least I know to look for it.
Stress Co_
Advisor
zeropointreference wrote:
It needs a better visual cue.
When you hover your cursor over the start point.... it will change to a hammer icon.
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.2.1 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)