Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

View PDF right after Publishing.

dcerezo
Advocate

Cmon, this can't be hard. Just add a button next to the "Close" button that says, "View in Folder". Bam, that opens up my folder and I can double click on the PDF and see it. 

The way it works now, given our detailed folder system here in the office, I have to "dig" for it. 

This should be easy.

Screen Shot 2022-06-09 at 3.13.47 PM.png

ArchiCAD 26 - iMac 27, Late 2019, 3.7 GHz Intel Core i5, 32GB Ram, Radeon Pro 8GB, macOS Sonoma
11 REPLIES 11

Nice idea, just sometimes files are being published into different folders, so maybe button should be placed somewhere else, next to published file. This screen needs more functionality and information. For example I'am often publishing ~100 items and if some of them are corrupt or have warning I need to scroll whole list and find if all of them are green.

GRAPHISOFT BIM Manager Training Week attendee
ArchiCAD v9 - v26 INT / NOR (5002)
cpu i5-12600K @ 5.0Ghz, ram 32GB, gpu 1060 GTX
ssd NVMe, Windows 11
ArchiCAD Discord channel: https://discord.gg/QdWxSJ33

James B
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

If you right click on the published item, you can show in file explorer/finder. This was added in Archicad 23.

James Badcock
Graphisoft Senior Product Manager

i'm guessing this only works for single files? can't seem to get it to work for multi page pdf.

AC26 ARM // MBP M2 Max // Twinmotion | Corona | Rhino

www.senoglu.dk

If any row in the publisher, is equal to an exported file, then you should get this context menu function.

James Badcock

Right Clicking does nothing at all. I tried everywhere. I'm on a Mac, not sure if it's different on PCs.

ArchiCAD 26 - iMac 27, Late 2019, 3.7 GHz Intel Core i5, 32GB Ram, Radeon Pro 8GB, macOS Sonoma

As mentioned above, the "Show in Finder" (or File Explorer) will appear if the row equals a file export. If you are exporting with, Single File, this option won't be available - as one row doesn't point to one file.

Screen Shot 2022-06-10 at 11.53.29 pm.png

James Badcock

Which is again a not-finished feature.

On a multipage PDF no row will be equivalent to the exported PDF... so you can't use that function. It really has not been thought thru.

Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»

Ok, I see that, but that doesn't help me. I typically Publish my Sheets as one single PDF that has 20 sheets, or 40 sheets or whatever the case may be; so I am going to select "Single File".

I think GS needs to change their frame of reference here. Before publishing, I'm going to select a folder somewhere on my computer to publish; whether or not I choose Single File, Real Folder Structure, or Flat File Structure. Why not simply have a button that takes me to that directory then......fine, don't take to a file?

dcerezo
Advocate

It shocks me how often the response to people's wish list items is always a version of "no" "well, you can do this instead" or "you can't do that." If I was the in charge of a software company I would say, "Wait a minute, our customers are asking for X so perhaps there is a need here we didn't anticipate. Can we address it?" If it's a herculean task, fine, I get it....but some people's wishes, like this one, I think are elementary and the response should be, "Hmmm, well we never thought of that, but sure why not, let's see what we can do." Seriously. So frustrating.