BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

View Set column in PM Drawing Usage

Karl Ottenstein
I just had "oh sh*t" moment when I discovered that the LBK that I had gotten from someone else had the wrong views linked into some of the sheets.

The Drawing Usage Navigator view in PM 9 shows the Name of the imported view ... but not the view set that it came from.

In the case of multiple view sets having the same names for views, this can be a mess to audit as I found out today. One view set had drafting combinations, the other had final document settings.

If you open the drawing settings for each drawing ... one by one ... you can see the view set that the view came from. It would be much faster - and more reassuring to confirm the information frequently - if there was a separate column in Drawing Usage that listed the name of the View Set.

(Another column for the source file would be great too ... but someone has already wished for that one.)

Whaddaya think?

Karl

drawing-usage.gif
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
3 REPLIES 3
Aussie John
Newcomer
This is not a problem I have encountered very often but I do imagine when it is needed it would be very useful so will vote important.

Another tiresome workaround is to select the file and relink. After selecting the file to link to, you can see the folder of the viewset where file is (its checked in the dialogue)
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
Ben Odonnell
Contributor
Karl,
Totaly agree with you on this one. BTW, you can see the view it is linked to down the bottom of the navigator when you are in Drawing usage.

Under the properties tab. See image.
Cheers.
Ben
Ben O'Donnell
Architect and CTO at BIMobject®
Get your BIM objects from bimobject.com
Karl Ottenstein
Ben wrote:
Karl,
Totaly agree with you on this one. BTW, you can see the view it is linked to down the bottom of the navigator when you are in Drawing usage.
Duh. Thanks for that, Ben.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Learn and get certified!