Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

View object handles

Anonymous
Not applicable
Wouldn't it be simple to make this available under the On-screen View Options menu?

I must have spent hours searching for the handles for some objects, particularly insulation (2D) and redline clouds.
3 REPLIES 3
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Sounds a bit tricky as the little black and purple etc dots are just hotspots in the 2d symbol / 2d script. Which one would be the designated handle to show?

I get a bit better response by activating the object tool and then holding down shift while hovering about with the mouse cursor until I see the bugger light up.

A large part of the problem, it seems tome, would be the person scripting the object offering logical hotspots where you would want to select an object. Sometimes these are missing indeed!
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Erwin wrote:
Sounds a bit tricky as the little black and purple etc dots are just hotspots in the 2d symbol / 2d script. Which one would be the designated handle to show?
All of them would be fine - as long as I can pick one, and then the object is selected.

My question is: if they light up once the object is selected, why can't there be an option to light them up beforehand, making the object easier to select?
Matt Balaam
Enthusiast
Erwin wrote:
A large part of the problem, it seems tome, would be the person scripting the object offering logical hotspots where you would want to select an object. Sometimes these are missing indeed!
If you have coded the object well (using hotlines and hotarcs) you don't even have to find a hotspot to select the object, you can select it by clicking any line within the object. Certainly makes selecting objects much easier than having to find a hotspot.

As mentioned by Erwin, it all comes down to who scripted the object!
AC21 (8002 AUS FULL) | AC24 (7000 AUS FULL)| Windows 10 Pro | Intel Core i7-12700 @ 2.1GHz | 32GB RAM | NVidia T1000