Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

WISH AC24 Improvemen: Detect and Hotlink all nested links (Part-) models automatically from RVT File

JSN
Enthusiast
When you open a central model in Revit all the modells are automatically loaded, similiar like with AC Hotlinks, but hotlinking such rvt files now in AC24 does not recognize those connections.

Example:
Central Model = Main File and containing
- Linked Part Model Building A
-- Another nested Linked Model to Building A
- Linked Part Model Building B
-- Another nested Linked Model to Building B
- Linked Part Model Building C

If you link the Central model, you get just this one. If you link Building A, you just get Building A, and so on.

This means that you would have to extra load and of course re-position or "assemble" each single file too when importing the .rvt files into AC. So now the above constellation is just a schematic example and in reality there are usually much more modells which would lead to lots of delicate positioning and importing steps - especially if there is no common origin point between the .rvt files.

See this thread for more details: https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=313891#p313891

Wish for Graphisoft and Dev Partners: Support for Rvt 2021 as already discussed in another thread, but also the possibility to auto-detect and load such (nested) linked models from a central model or an addon for revit to batch process this step with a "send .rvt to archicad" where this is done automatically.
4 REPLIES 4
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I have added a Poll.
You can also vote in your own Poll.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi,

Thank you very much for creating this poll, and for those of you who voted to express their opinion.

I am happy to say we took notice of this wish and I have added it into our Wish List database (please refer to it as Wish #12814). Hopefully, our Product Management team will adopt this one in the future.

Thank you all once more, and I wish you a great day!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Anonymous
Not applicable
JSN
Are the the files A B and C attached or overlaid in the central file? If they are only overlaid what you are experiencing is the correct result.

Regards
Scott
JSN
Enthusiast
sboydturner wrote:
JSN
Are the the files A B and C attached or overlaid in the central file? If they are only overlaid what you are experiencing is the correct result.

Regards
Scott
Scott,

Actually I tried both, but it did not make any difference in Archicad. So to sum it up again,

1st Problem: The links are (overlays and attachments) are not taken into consideration
2nd Problem: The RVT File is placed based on the Revit Project Base Point which will be set to the AC Origin. It would be absolutely great if you could for example choose that the Shared Coordinates are used instead. Then the part models would find each other as well very quickly!

However, I am curious if you could elaborate your hint a bit more. Did it somehow work for you?