Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Wall Label: Need more features for the new and improved

Erika Epstein
Booster
I am very happy with all the improvements in the new Wall Label 14, no more using the old AC11 wall label. Still, there a few things we still need for a LIVE working solution:

1. Ability to orient the label text (in the box) separately from the label itself.

2. Need a graphic hotspot for rotating and moving the description text separately from the wall label

3. Ability to place a linked wall label, similar to a linked detail or section marker callout so we can include the graphic of the wall label in a legend

4. Have an on/off checkbox for the description text . ( can work around this by having an empty custom text, but marker is not linked to a wall)
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Done
lec
haven't used AC14 yet, but i vote Essential trusting Erika
Mac OSX 13.6.4 | AC 26 INT 3001 FULL
Erika Epstein
Booster
Thanks Achille.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
First the love. Archicad is great. Cool tool. You can do so much with it, i know I'll never use any other BIM program for Architecture.

Now the hate.

Too many functions don't work on this label. The more I think about it, the more irrate I become. How can something so basic, that GS already has working in other forms(door/window labels) be such an absolute POS. (its like they are reinventing the wheel. Its just a label! Take a label that works well, and modify it!)

The idea of being able to list the skins is really cool, especially since we are trying to implement composite walls. Then it could be the descriptive text on part of the Walls and Partitions schedule.

It would be cool if some of the basic elements worked. For example:

Detail Box font size in mm is set to be an integer in the script, and isn't scale sensitive text. So you can't set the font size by points like we've been doing everywhere else in Archicad for the last 20 years.

Never mind. I'll just keep using the wall label I programmed years ago.
DaveOlufs
Participant
I don't use the label tool because I hate the three default settings for the arrow... above the text, middle of text and below text and NOT the center of the top row of text but above it. What drafting class did they attend?

Maybe that's changed in AC14. I'll vote for anything that improves the functions of tools. As of now, I use my own arrows (splines/lines) + text for labeling. It's not linked to anything but it looks properly drafted or annotated.
Dave Olufs
Just 4 Measure, Ltd

iMac Pro 3.2GHz Quad, 32GB, OSX 10.13.6, AC-5, 6, 6.5, 7, stopped for a few years--started again with 12 thru 17, 18 or 19 didn't work, then 20, 21, now skipped to 23. Started in 1976 hand-drafting ink on mylar...