BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Wall closure in section

Anonymous
Not applicable
How is it possible that, after 24 versions, the section doesn't work like the plan?
I really think that the window code have to be adjusted...

7 REPLIES 7
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
The generation of these parts has just never been implemented.
Yes, it would be great to have this capability so we don't have to draw Patches of lines and fills over these details if we want them to correspond to how they look on the Floor Plan.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
DGSketcher
Legend
I agree there should have been a basic closure developed by now, BUT I also think 3D modelling & BIM is gaining momentum and we are at a point where adding a complex profile & segmented beam containing structure & finishes over an opening is becoming a more appropriate solution.

Now if we could just have profiles with a "Level of Detail" option...
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sure, we can solve the problem with complex profile beam, but it is a delirium to manipulate each window, especially when they are hundreds or thousands...
DGSketcher
Legend
Fair comment. GS have it in their power to put both solutions together such that we have an opening type object and the head detail could be integrated from a complex profile. This kind of solution works with Curtain Walls where we can select a profile to work with mullions & transoms, so why not modify the head / arch detail to work with a CP? If they wanted they could even do the same for sills & jamb closures (bottom & sides).
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Jp1138
Expert
DGSketcher wrote:
Fair comment. GS have it in their power to put both solutions together such that we have an opening type object and the head detail could be integrated from a complex profile. This kind of solution works with Curtain Walls where we can select a profile to work with mullions & transoms, so why not modify the head / arch detail to work with a CP? If they wanted they could even do the same for sills & jamb closures (bottom & sides).
I completely agree that solution could work. Many times working with windows I think it´s my own incompetence what prevents me from doing simple things, mostly related to the opening, but threads like this makes me think there are important and somewhat baffling omissions in the current tools
ARCHICAD 27 SPA
Windows 10
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi All,

I hope you are doing well during these trying times!

Thank you very much for creating this poll, and for those of you who voted to express their opinion.

As a user, I can see its usefulness if this behavior can be reprogramed to show the correct situation! Fortunately, this is an existing wish in our WishList database (please refer to it as Wish #6697). Hopefully, our Product Management team will consider changing this behavior in the future!

Thank you all once more, and I wish you a great day!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Gaetano
Contributor
DGSketcher wrote:
I agree there should have been a basic closure developed by now, BUT I also think 3D modelling & BIM is gaining momentum and we are at a point where adding a complex profile & segmented beam containing structure & finishes over an opening is becoming a more appropriate solution.

Now if we could just have profiles with a "Level of Detail" option...
Hello everyone! I was thinking about the possibility of using the platband, developing the possibility of choosing its structure, as well as having the possibility of quantifying it!
I hope it's a good suggestion!
Forgive my English!
Learn and get certified!