BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Wanted: Oject selection history

Anonymous
Not applicable
Wouldn't it be great if you could find and select objects and have a history of those objects that you've selected? That way you could have multiple selection choices that you could switch back and forth between without having to use the dropper tool all the time. A sort of selection 'Favourites'...

This would be very useful for 3D work where it is often difficult to select objects especially on a detailed model.

2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly
Mark wrote:
Wouldn't it be great if you could find and select objects and have a history of those objects that you've selected? That way you could have multiple selection choices that you could switch back and forth between without having to use the dropper tool all the time. A sort of selection 'Favourites'...

This would be very useful for 3D work where it is often difficult to select objects especially on a detailed model.

Try Windows menu > Palettes > Selections.
You can save selected items so you can re-select them at any time.

In Find & Select you can also save the selection criteria so you don't have to choose it all the time.

Look for the little triangle in the top right corner of the palette dialogue boxes.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Oops

ok, so they thought of that one already...

I feel kinda stoopid now..
Learn and get certified!