Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

We want: selectable story shown ons!

aryastark
Enthusiast
it's easier and smarter way than the old method.
you should make stories selectible to show.
thanks.
Ver: AC23
Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.6GHz
Memory: 16384MB RAM
Card name: Intel(R) HD Graphics 530
Chip type: GeForce GTX 960M
4 REPLIES 4
DGSketcher
Legend
The "Show on Storey" settings are in need of a review due to their inconsistency and your tick box idea would in some ways be preferential, but what about those working on multi-storey developments? Archicad is used on some very tall projects! There is also added complication as to how to handle cover fills where tools have such settings.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Anonymous
Not applicable
I understand the logic behind the wish... But I think the "Show on Storey" settings is more of an element fine tune, and therefore it must be kept as it is.
On the other hand, I think this visibility set by ViewMap is a concept that could be more useful as a Layer substitute. After all, design elements will all be shown in ViewMaps. So why not select the ViewMaps that we would like the element to appear? Looks much more simple than creating and selecting lots of Layers and LayerCombos...
I like this idea, though I am more for a Property Filter View Option.
runxel
Legend
The checkboxes have another big disadvantage:
If you copy elements at the moment, they will behave the same everywhere.
E.g. some element I always need to be "This story and above" and I actually don't have to care which story that is explicitly.
So for me it's more of a "as well" option, than a replacement.

BUT, and that is a big but, I really want to have consistency across my tools.
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
You could also type the Stories you want your element to be displayed on in a Text Input field.
For example, the below
1, 3, 7, 10-40
would display the element of Stories 1, 3, 7, and all Stories from Story 10 to 40.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27