Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Why can't I move text and dimensions together?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Why can't I move text and dimensions together? It would be a great improvement to ArchiCAD and a small time saver.
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
They are fundamentally different entities (dimensions are linked to construction elements - text is not) so I doubt this is likely. Too much development work for a relatively small benefit.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes. Annoying.
Barry Kelly
In version 14 now you can because the text can finally be part of the dimension and still have the dimension be interactive.
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the update Barry Kelly, and good to be in touch with you again!. I still have my old mobile phone number from your wall! give me a call anytime after 5pm
Anonymous
Not applicable
Barry wrote:
In version 14 now you can because the text can finally be part of the dimension and still have the dimension be interactive.
Barry.
That's OK if the text is a prefix / suffix. What about if it's a separate text entity?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Barry wrote:
Barry.
That's OK if the text is a prefix / suffix. What about if it's a separate text entity?
Picture 3.png
Barry Kelly
s2art wrote:
That still has the same problem I am guessing.
And I bet we can't use the "/n" (or is it "\n|") to create a line break.

Prefix and suffix only good for those dimensions that are wide enough to accomodate them.
So about a 75% solution.
Or let's make it 80% to go with all the other 80% features.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11