Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Window and Door Tool

4hotshoes
Advisor
The ability to combine different windows type (fixed, awning, casement, or even a door) in any configuration we can think of. And the ability to change a type with type. This would be identified as a single unit.

Also more grid/mullion options, such as a grid at the top of a window not the full sash.

Arched/round topped window can be created for any window /door or grouping of windows and doors.
Todd Oeftger
AC27 Mac MacBook Pro 15", 2019, 2.3 GHz i9, 32GB, Radeon Pro 560X 4GB, 500GB SSD, 32" Samsung Display (2560x1440)
23 REPLIES 23
Lingwisyer
Guru
4hotshoes wrote:
The ability to combine different windows type (fixed, awning, casement, or even a door) in any configuration we can think of. And the ability to change a type with type. This would be identified as a single unit.

As in an ability to group ganged windows to show up as a single unit in schedules?
4hotshoes wrote:
Also more grid/mullion options, such as a grid at the top of a window not the full sash.

I think this is more a library inconsistency between regions given the method Barry pointed out in your other post is available for many of the standard windows in the AUS library (and INT library I think).

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
4hotshoes
Advisor
As in an ability to group ganged windows to show up as a single unit in schedules?
Ling.

Yes. But without the need to have ganged windows pre-assembled as in the US library. I often need a combination of windows that are not available.

From my experience in Chief Architect, there was only one window object that could be changed to be whatever type I wanted (casement, dbl hung, awning). This had the advantage to change a window that is already in a wall by selecting and choosing a different type. So, if I had a single fixed window in place, I could select it and change it to a double hung without effecting any other parameters like size or trim. Or I could change the single unit to be a double or triple unit with transoms. I would live to see this ability in Archicad.
Todd Oeftger
AC27 Mac MacBook Pro 15", 2019, 2.3 GHz i9, 32GB, Radeon Pro 560X 4GB, 500GB SSD, 32" Samsung Display (2560x1440)
Lingwisyer
Guru
4hotshoes wrote:
So, if I had a single fixed window in place, I could select it and change it to a double hung without effecting any other parameters like size or trim. Or I could change the single unit to be a double or triple unit with transoms

In the window / door settings, if you press ctrl + alt (inject) when you select a different window / door, it should copy your existing settings that are common across.

Ling.

Eli Chiasson
Booster
I agree with this wish, the USA library lacks a a flexible Window and Door object.

In our office we have resorted to customizing a handful of the INT library windows and doors to suit our needs, but it isn't without quirks. An object native to the USA library would be best.
Eli Chiasson
Dexel Architecture
http://www.dexel.ca
AC19-23 USA+MEP • i7-7700 3.6GHz | 32GB RAM • Windows 10 Professional
Ghaleb Khadra
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Hi All,

Thank you for your contribution and participation on the forums.

As the type of this wish puts it under the category of request/project proposal, we have added this into the queue of proposals.
For future reference, please refer to this as GISS-413.

Thank you once more, and I wish you all a great day!

Kind regards,
Ghaleb
Ghaleb Khadra
BIM Expert
GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit
https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Ghaleb.

A good starting point would be what was announced two years ago by Central Innovation (former Cadimage) as "AUS WinDoorBuilder for ARCHICAD".

Don't know what happened since then.

Lingwisyer
Guru
Braza wrote:
"AUS WinDoorBuilder for ARCHICAD"

I tried using that for a while back in 2018 but had issues with it's licensing between multiple dongles which was never resolved... Think there were some other irritations regarding it, but that may have all been solved since, if it actually has been updated rather than just migrated.

Ling.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the info Ling.
Lingwisyer wrote:
if it actually has been updated rather than just migrated.
Do you mean it is being used in AC23?
Lingwisyer
Guru
Braza wrote:
Thanks for the info Ling.
Lingwisyer wrote:
if it actually has been updated rather than just migrated.
Do you mean it is being used in AC23?

We can download it from the myci website (AU reseller). They also provide some other libraries, which often contain old objects that have just been migrated to the newer AC version so this tool could be the same... Am not using it.

Ling.