BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Window and Door Tool

4hotshoes
Advisor
The ability to combine different windows type (fixed, awning, casement, or even a door) in any configuration we can think of. And the ability to change a type with type. This would be identified as a single unit.

Also more grid/mullion options, such as a grid at the top of a window not the full sash.

Arched/round topped window can be created for any window /door or grouping of windows and doors.
Todd Oeftger
AC27 Mac MacBook Pro 15", 2019, 2.3 GHz i9, 32GB, Radeon Pro 560X 4GB, 500GB SSD, 32" Samsung Display (2560x1440)
23 REPLIES 23
Brett wrote:
All these tools save hours and hours of time per project and to see people saying they are too expensive, obviously they don't value their time very much, let alone their ease of use.
Many architects and designers bill by the hour. In this situation, these tools will COST them a lot of money with the increased efficiency.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Anonymous
Not applicable
@ Karl Ottenstein

The problem I see, is that LPM can't produce "Stretchable" objects. You have to create one Door/Window/object for every dimension variation. It is ok for new construction, where you can specify products with standard dimensions. But for renovation purposes things get more complex.

But I agree. It would be great if GS create some more elaborated tutorials.
It would also be great if LPM developers could create some kind of "Stretch Plan" (Similar to Profile Editor) to enable users specify custom dimensions for their Door/Window/Object.
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
Braza wrote:
This LPM phenomenon reminds me of Ralph Wessel´s Modular Joinery Door/Window Object. It also was an amazing tool, requested by local users to resemble Velfac products. Then Ralph entered the late Cadimage team and MJO completely disappeared.
I'm still here, and so are the Cadimage Tools and MJO. Cadimage Tools is now rebranded as CI Tools (because we're now part of Central Innovation). The MJO is still actively managed in the UK and works perfectly on the latest version of ARCHICAD.

I think the crux of the problem is that communication of activity and development within the ARCHICAD world is almost non-existent, leading to the impression nothing is happening.
Ralph Wessel BArch
Anonymous
Not applicable
Very true Ralph.
I think its probably due to this extremely competitive harsh environment which is AEC software.
Any Autodesk competitor have to well hide its cards not to be surpassed by the giant.
Anyway... Lets see it July will bring some good revolution to this market...
And bring some "balance to the force".

Cheers,
Paulo
Learn and get certified!