BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Windows with top wall/plaster clousure in section

Mario Sacco
Expert
I'd like to see the plaster and the walls turn also in the sections, not only in plan.

Clip_4.jpg
MacBook M1 Max 64GB- OS X 12.2.1 - Archicad 27
https://www.archiradar.it/en/
16 REPLIES 16
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
You are not the only one.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Karl Ottenstein
I just tested this again, as it is something asked for a lot ... and the help file here:
http://help.graphisoft.com/ac16_help_INT/Files/wwhelp/wwhimpl/common/html/wwhelp.htm#href=Appendix_T...

even claims that we already have this feature! From that link:
The effect of your Turn Plaster settings will be displayed in Section/Elevation views as well. (To see the effect of these settings in the 3D window, you must set an additional option.)
If I check the closure box for "Show in 3D", then the mass around the window increases in proportion to the finish skin in Section... but the skin line does not turn - it just extends.

If the Help file is correct, then GS thinks they've already implemented this... and it is a bug. Otherwise, it's a wish and the Help file is where the bug lies. 😉

PS In testing this, I see a bad bug in the US window/door library if Cavity Closure is enabled and exterior trim is disabled... the exterior skin is cut back by an amount equal to the width of the exterior trim, were it to be enabled.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Gabor Almasi
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Hi,

Thanks that you mentioned this case, we forwarded this issue to our design team to consider development on this area.
Gabor Almasi
Senior Product Manager
GRAPHISOFT
david_lozej
Participant
Hi,
I prepare gdl library for Slovene window manufacturer "M Sora". This windows will include also closure in 3d.
I can announce that in one month they will be on the BIMComponents.
cc-1.png
david_lozej
Participant
Hi,
Some screenshots from "M Sora" library.
cc-3.png
Anonymous
Not applicable
Well, it's been 5 years already since the last post here and as I am still running on AC18, I am very curious if GRAPHISOFT fixed this issue in AC22. Do wall/plaster closures show in the sections generated by AC22 now?...
Lingwisyer
Guru
Ivaylo wrote:
Do wall/plaster closures show in the sections generated by AC22 now?

Unless I have been doing something wrong, it has not been implemented...

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
The floorplan display is just cosmetic too. No actual Building Material involved (for quantity take off).

I suppose the wait is for GDL to catch up to the Building Material work method, which has been around since ArchiCAD17
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
If that's of any comfort, wall/plaster closures do not show up in Revit sections, either
Learn and get certified!