Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Wish item: ability to join meshes and retain node levels

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm working on a large site (200+ houses) in teamwork and unless we split the mesh up (resulting in unwanted lines in 2D where the meshes join, and having to marry up levels) only 1 person can work on the mesh.

If ArchiCAD had the ability to join meshes and retain the levels of each node we could split the mesh up into bits and assign work to team members and then join the meshes up later. I've tried searching for this as a wish but didn't find anything - can't believe this hasn't been requested before?!

cheers...

Screen Shot 2015-07-22 at 09.36.36.png
2 REPLIES 2
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Not to take away from the validity of the wish, just offering some options:

The Morph Tool could be an alternative here. It can do most of the things the Mesh Tool can do, plus any of its edge can be hidden, plus its 2D is a true 3D projection.
I also think the Morph Tool is a more robust tool so it can handle such large complex geometries better.
Also, to start experimenting with this, you can simply copy a Mesh, then convert it to a Morph and see how well it handles stuff.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Laszlo - will give it a go, as usual when these sort of things come up and become a problem there;s a deadline involved, so will put it on my to do list.
thanks