Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.
SOLVED!

Wishes: Library Part - Doors - Pivot doors

Nader Belal
Mentor
Hi Graphisoft,

I would like to request a new type of doors to be available with the next iteration of ArchiCAD standard library.

A double panel pivot doors.

Thank you
A good friend of mine have once told me that I´m so brute that I´m capable of creating a GDL script capable of creating GDLs.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Barry Kelly
Post moved to the wishes section.
You can edit your original post and add a poll if you want people to vote.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Solution
Barry Kelly
Post moved to the wishes section.
You can edit your original post and add a poll if you want people to vote.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Nader Belal
Mentor
Thank you Barry
A good friend of mine have once told me that I´m so brute that I´m capable of creating a GDL script capable of creating GDLs.
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hello,

Thank you very much for sharing the wish!

May I ask for some example pictures of what it looks like? I just want to make sure that I got the right type of doors to enter it into our Wish list database

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Nader Belal
Mentor
@mnguyen

This is a snapshot from the PDF I was sent by the client, sorry that I can't show more.

PS: The dotted lines are those of the opening lines of the doors' panels
Nader Belal
Mentor
@mnguyen

Another thing I would like to add, ArchiCAD International library should include a frameless doors.

Thank to shoenogome blog article (which I don't have in hand right now), there is a special configuration for doors in the US ArchiCAD Standard Library that permits the users to have frameless doors.
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hello,

Thank you very much for the clarification!

I enter the 2 wishes as DEF-4827 and DEF-4828 respectively. Hopefully, we will have these 2 types of doors in the near future!

Have a great day!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Nader Belal
Mentor
Thank you mnguyen
Karl Ottenstein
Moonlight wrote:
This is a snapshot from the PDF I was sent by the client, sorry that I can't show more.

PS: The dotted lines are those of the opening lines of the doors' panels
I would add to the wish the option for these (often glass but can be framed) pivot doors to swing in both directions (should be a parameter - one way or 2 way swing).
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Nader Belal
Mentor
@Karl Ottenstein

Door Panels can be framed or not, doors can swing one or two ways .., agreed