Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Wishlist | A Roadmap for future development

Josh Verran
Expert

I think we've all read the posts about long-requested fundamental requirements.

It would be great to see a roadmap of future releases like with other software...

GRAPHISOFT CERTIFIED ARCHICAD BIM MANAGER

ARCHICAD 18-27 | BIMcloud Basic | CI Tools | Grasshopper - Rhino | CloudCompare | Bluebeam

LinkedIn | www.creativespace.co.nz | Tauranga, New Zealand

Windows 10 Pro | Intel Core i9-9900K @3.60GHZ | 32Gb RAM | 2xSamsung S27F350 1920x1080 60Hz | Nvidia Quadro P2200 (5Gb)
16 REPLIES 16
Noemi Balogh
Community Admin
Community Admin

I suggest you to participate on the upcoming user group event of our Product Management team: https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/What-s-new/Launching-customer-user-groups-in-Q4-2021/m-p/320047/...

From Peter's post:
"As part of our transformation initiative to be more customer centric and enhance our customer relationships to offer effective software solutions, we are launching customer user groups in Q4 2021. These quarterly interactive webinars shall be geography specific to ensure that they are held at a time convenient to you. While the specific topics for each of these webinars will vary, the themes will be around sharing and gathering feedback on our product roadmap, industrial best practices, technological advancements."

Noémi Balogh

Community Expert, Admin

Thanks Noémi, that's a good suggestion.

GRAPHISOFT CERTIFIED ARCHICAD BIM MANAGER

ARCHICAD 18-27 | BIMcloud Basic | CI Tools | Grasshopper - Rhino | CloudCompare | Bluebeam

LinkedIn | www.creativespace.co.nz | Tauranga, New Zealand

Windows 10 Pro | Intel Core i9-9900K @3.60GHZ | 32Gb RAM | 2xSamsung S27F350 1920x1080 60Hz | Nvidia Quadro P2200 (5Gb)
yuryuymanov
Booster

It's a very good idea! 

Emre Senoglu
Expert

Previous discussion about the roadmap: https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Wishes-forum/Archicad-Development-Roadmap/m-p/264386#M16606

Unfortunately, having attended the first "user group event", I have to say that it was more a presentation, rather than a brainstorm / ideas exchange session. I do hope this will be changing in the upcoming sessions.

AC26 ARM // MBP M2 Max // Twinmotion | Corona | Rhino

www.senoglu.dk

Hi Emre,

Can you show me where was it stated or promised that the user group meeting will be a "brainstorm / ideas exchange session"? Or was that your idea of what it would be or should be?

I participated in some of the User Group sessions and I know there were several polls where you could give feedback about which features you think are the most important to develop, but "this brainstorm / ideas exchange" notion is new to me.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

I would say it's partially the impression I got from the event introduction, and my own thoughts / expectations. When the reply to a roadmap wish is a referral to the group event (seen above in this thread), you kind of get the impression that this is a two way communication. Because the point of a roadmap is transparency as well as implementing user wishes. Most of the roadmaps I follow from other software have a function implemented for receiving user wishes. With the previous forum, there was at least a poll function. Now that it's gone (along with being able to see the previous poll statistics), there is no way to gauge if AC is going in a mutually agreed direction or not (user & developer). I personally feel very passive about the new features being added, and I think most people feel this way too - thus the frustration about the lack of a roadmap.

edit: The polls felt somewhat weird to me. Yes some of them were about useful features, but there was no indication of where the topic for the polls / features came from. Were they picked from a pool of ideas? Did the developers each state a feature they wanted to implement? You (we) have no clue. I can't exactly remember the features that were being polled right now, but some of them seemed so irrelevant when you think about the long withstanding wishes.

www.senoglu.dk

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

I think this has been mentioned before in other threads that the Wishes functionality of the forum will come back in this Community, it is just that it is still being worked on.

Fair enough - I haven't been very active in the new forum, so I must've missed that. I've also previously read that the poll results aren't deleted, they're just not visible to the public. It would be great to see them make a comeback - perhaps as an aggregated sheet with the top wishes.

www.senoglu.dk

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

Yes, that is correct, Graphisoft has all the results of previous polls. I hope they will find a way to show them again when the new Wishes functionality is implemented.