BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Would like to get same results as SEO (3D) in 2D

Hmooslechner
Rockstar
I like the SOE-functions in 3d-Script very much and use them often, because it simplify a lot - otherwise there would be a huge amount of 3D-calculations needed for the cutpoints.

I wish something similar for the 2D-script.

I would like to declare a polypoint fence and all should be just displayd in there - cut out.
On the other hand - the same as polypoint hole.

also - i would like to get some command similar to cutplane (in 2d then cutline, cutarc, cutpoly2D and so on)

Of course - this should function for every 2D-object - also project2-commands from 3D - similar to hatches in the normal 2D-Editor in Archicad.

So - it should be possible to script 2D-hatches with normal 2D-Commands within the 2D-Script
AC5.5-AC27EduAut, PC-Win10, MacbookAirM1, MacbookM1Max, Win-I7+Nvidia
4 REPLIES 4
Nader Belal
Mentor
@Hmooslechner

Wasn't the Geometry Macro made for that specifically ??
A good friend of mine have once told me that I´m so brute that I´m capable of creating a GDL script capable of creating GDLs.
Hmooslechner
Rockstar
Geometry-Macro: Much too complex to script.. SOE in 3D is much simpler and can be understood even from persons like me.
AC5.5-AC27EduAut, PC-Win10, MacbookAirM1, MacbookM1Max, Win-I7+Nvidia
Nader Belal
Mentor
@Hmooslechner

Just out of curiosity, have you tried to treat 2D polylines as 3D elements using SEO operations ??
A good friend of mine have once told me that I´m so brute that I´m capable of creating a GDL script capable of creating GDLs.
runxel
Legend
Heimo, do you know the BasicGeometry macro?
This should be what you're after.
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
Learn and get certified!