BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

X-ref consultant DWGs into section/elevation windows . . .

__archiben
Booster
i think that the title speaks for itself. i apologise if this has been wished for elsewhere... i couldn't find anything.

collaboration on a large project usually means that consultants take over ownership of data in their field. a structural engineer would become responsible for all columns/beams/etc...

it is still generally the case that most consultants are using a non-archiCAD package and work in 2D. to this end it becomes very time consuming, non to mention creating liabilities for ourselves, if we were to continually re-model, for example, a duplicate set of (3D) columns and beams in the project in order to keep section/elevations up-to-date.

referencing in consultant section information then becomes necessary in order to work efficiently . . . even if it is just plain old 2D linework!

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
2 REPLIES 2
Karl Ottenstein
I agree Ben. We can xref into Detail windows, which gives another option for managing these things ... but I really dislike inconsistency, and if we can xref there, we should certainly be able to xref into a Section window as well, eh?

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
I was wondering why I couldn't do this and found this topic with a search. Uggh! Strange that this is not possible.
ArchiCAD is so plan obsessed for a so called 3D program (I say so called because you can do such a small segment of functions in the 3d window, unlike a true 3d modeler/drafting program. To someone who thinks in 3 dimensions, this really limits the imagination to drawing workflow).
OK, rant over. Back to work.
Learn and get certified!