BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Your Top 10 wishes for Interface + Productivity

Anonymous
Not applicable
1. Let middle hotspots of slabs, fills, roofs, polylines, columns, etc behave like movable hotspots. For example they could be normal hotspots but when shift key is press they are movable hotspots. The results? Move that edge and the other edges conform accordingly. Isn’t that the way you intuitively expect it to work?
2. Smarter Dimensions. If we choose 2 points with same Y and the vertical dimension tool on, it should not cancel but turn to horizontal dimensioning
3. With different layers configurations we place certain objects at different layers, e.g. lines. Each layer combination should bookmark each tool to witch layer it places data AND check if it is invalid (if we have the lines tool to a hidden layers, the program should prompt us to change to a visible layers. This would save much time and frustrations putting objects in wrong layers. Of course favorites can help but is not the perfect solution.
4. Evolve the favorite’s tool. If some time during designing face we redefine a favorite then ALL instances of the favorite should change. This of course would save as of multiple selections and changing.
5. Have a tool to check for very close points where close is defined by user. It will make a list? Mark them? This is another issue but it happens all the time that although I use the osnaping capabilities of AC points may not fall on one another. So doing that check will help for a GOOD model
6. Give the user the ability to add parameters to existing tools (like walls, columns , slabs, ) Not geometry parameters but parameters like cost, thermal conduct, fireproofing ability, or anything else he wants and give him the means to use that info in labels and calculation tools.
7. A keynote system
8. Better Material Settings see here
9. Better stories management window [see archicadideas.com for a pic]
10. Many minor tweaks but I cannt think of a major one right now

I hope i am not annoying anyone for trying to round up wishes found all around the wish list
1 REPLY 1
Rob
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
9. Better stories management window [see archicadideas.com for a pic]
I really like this one at archicadideas.com, especially possibility to link a sub-storey to the master one. That would solve so many problems with split-storey/maisonette/mezzanine levels/units level organisation, which is rather nightmarish exercise at the moment.
::rk
Learn and get certified!