Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Zone Category Colors in 3D

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would like an option to show the zone category color in 3D. I am aware that the zone "color" in 3D is currently assigned by materials and that a work-around could be creating materials with the same zone category color. But I think it still would be more useful and quicker to have a way (perhaps something as simple as a "Show Category Color in 3D" checkbox?) to show the same 2D category color in 3D for the same demonstration purposes. Also, if a category and/or color changes, it will automatically correspond in 3D without my having to modify the material as well.

If ArchiCAD is going to persuade users to use the zone tool for building massing, I believe the option to show category color in 3D will be a real handy one.
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
Either that or assign a default material for each zone type which can be individually overridden, similar to library parts.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I support you 100%!
In addition I would like to be able to show the zones in Section instead of having to create Slabs to fill it up...