BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Zone Category linked to fill

Scott Bulmer
Booster
It would be great if we could add a fill definition to Zone Categories in addition to just colors. I know fills can be added by either surface or manually. The third choice would be by Zone Category.
AC27 v. 4060 w/ MEP, Cadimage, Twinmotion 2023.2.2 using AC from AC6.0, 2021 MacPro M1 chip, Adobe CC. Used AC on both platforms.
4 REPLIES 4
Marc H
Advisor
Interesting idea. It would work well if we had sub-categories or maybe by adding properties and using graphic overrides. I know when I do planning, I often apply different fills over the same zone category to differentiate two similar functional areas within the same category.
“The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time.” - Abraham Lincoln

AC27 USA on 16” 2019 MBP (2.4GHz i9 8-Core, 32GB DDR4, AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8G GDDR5, 500GB SSD, T3s, Trackpad use) running Sonoma OS + extended w/ (2) 32" ASUS ProArt PAU32C (4K) Monitors
Zones can have a cover fill defined, and then be saved as a favorite. I'm trying to understand the benefit you are going for.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Marc H
Advisor
Excellent suggestion. I plan on enhancing my Favorites in my template and will give this a try.

To answer your question, I often need to differentiate groups within the same floor. For example, you might have an Administration category and two distinct groups to break out: Business Development and Quality Management or the like. I use a numbering system and different fills on the plan to show the distinction.
The second challenge is I often have multiples of these groups on a single floor, so it becomes a bit labor intensive to adjust them so they are graphically distinct when adjacent to each other and having the same color.
Lastly, I need to schedule all these areas with area totals from different floors and having a hierarchy would be helpful. I believe I may be able to work this better with the Property Manager going forward,

Crafting the Favorites as you suggest may reduce or eliminate the time spent on graphics and provide another value in the zone schedule criteria.
“The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time.” - Abraham Lincoln

AC27 USA on 16” 2019 MBP (2.4GHz i9 8-Core, 32GB DDR4, AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8G GDDR5, 500GB SSD, T3s, Trackpad use) running Sonoma OS + extended w/ (2) 32" ASUS ProArt PAU32C (4K) Monitors
Eduardo Rolon
Using Property Manager to define and Categories and then GO's to define different Fills for them does the job.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Learn and get certified!