Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Zone Polyline Points Available to Zone Stamp

Matt Balaam
Enthusiast
I think it would be extremely useful for a custom zone stamp to be able to read the bounding points of the zone as an array of X and Y coordinates. Given a zone is basically a polyline this doesn't seem like it should be too difficult.

This would allow for fills to be drawn through GDL with complete control over how they display in different situations. The fill could react to story settings, model view options etc. and show differently in each situation.

This would also make it possible for the stamp to calculate the maximum width and depth of the zone for simple room dimensions and do various other calculations.
AC21 (8002 AUS FULL) | AC24 (7000 AUS FULL)| Windows 10 Pro | Intel Core i7-12700 @ 2.1GHz | 32GB RAM | NVidia T1000
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
Matt,
I think masterscript's zone tool does this already

Scott
Matt Balaam
Enthusiast
sboydturner wrote:
Matt,
I think masterscript's zone tool does this already

Scott
Hi Scott,

Thanks for the suggestion.

Just had a quick look at Master Script's zone tool and it only has options to adjust the marker itself, there are no options for fills that trace the shape of the zone etc.
AC21 (8002 AUS FULL) | AC24 (7000 AUS FULL)| Windows 10 Pro | Intel Core i7-12700 @ 2.1GHz | 32GB RAM | NVidia T1000