Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Zone Volumes in Section and Elevation – Switch to turn it of

snow
Mentor

Hello together,

I got a bit confused... when I started to write about this topic, I found it in an (long) existing conversation; I replied there, but my intention was to write here in this forum short and sweet:

The "option" to show zones in this views is helpful to check and edit zones there... but the thing is, it is actually not an 'option' ...it causes a lot of effort to prevent that zones show up in section and elevation...

If you don't work with transparency in the views, or additional 'opaque' glass',  you can only control it with layer settings... view-settings...

When you navigate trough the project before defining views you'v to turn the zone layer so often off and so on...

So my request:
Please add a button to turn the visibility of zones easily on and off.

ARCHICAD for Future

archicad versions 8-27 | mac os 13 | win 10
4 REPLIES 4
Ricardo Lopez
Enthusiast

Hi!

You can turn the Zones off in 3D views from the option Elements Types to Show in 3D available from: View> Elements in 3D View> Filter and Cut Elements in 3D... or directly from the 3D View Setting under 3D ONLY> Filter and Cut Elements in 3D...

Regards. 😊

filter3d.pngfilter3d_1.png
Arq. Ricardo López | projectser.com | Panama
AC17-27 SPA+INT | Windows 11 | MSI WE75 9TK, 32GB, Nvidia Quadro RTX 3000
snow
Mentor

Yes I know this....

Decades ago it seems that it was a matter of course to put this function somewhere, relying to 3D display...
...But now with section and elevation... maybe it was just forgotten to set such option...

that's why I wrote about...

ARCHICAD for Future

archicad versions 8-27 | mac os 13 | win 10

Sorry, I have just realized the comment was in the "Archicad for future" topic.

(Overide rules and Layers work for me anyway. They cover a wide range of similar needs) 

Arq. Ricardo López | projectser.com | Panama
AC17-27 SPA+INT | Windows 11 | MSI WE75 9TK, 32GB, Nvidia Quadro RTX 3000
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni

Dear All,

Thank you for sharing your ideas and opinions regarding this request!

I'm glad to say that we took notice and we have added this wish into our Wish list database.
(For future reference, you can refer to it as IDEA-11936)

I hope we see this get implemented in the future.
Have a great day!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT