BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Zoom Window

Anonymous
Not applicable
This command is present in Allplan, and its waaaay faster way of zooming to a specific place then using old scroling metod while working in plan view.
Small but very effective wish
8 REPLIES 8
Dwight
Newcomer
How does it work?
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Shift+right mouse button creates an center of your "zoom rectangle". Rectangle size controls your "zoom area".
This would be a lot better tool then the curent "zoom to selection" option.
TomWaltz
Participant
You could almost do this with the Navigator Preview. You can use that to zoom in and out by dragging the view boundary.
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
This reminds me of the old Soft Engine plug-in for Autocad (abandoned with Autocad 2000 and the scroll wheel). It allowed to zoom without an actual Zoom command, just by pressing a combination of Control, Shift and a mouse button. For example: pressing Ctrl+Left Mouse Button (without clicking!) was Zoom Window, Ctrl+Right was Zoom Previous and so on. Fully customizable. It was much like in Photoshop, where Ctrl+Space is Zoom Window.

Soft Engine was the first tool that used double click with the middle button for Fit in Window (Zomm Extents)!

I still think it was the best navigation technique ever!

P.S. I opened a topic about it once but it didn't raise any interest. It is like: "I haven't seen it! I don't need it!"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Mario, vote in your own poll! 😉
Anonymous
Not applicable
TomWaltz wrote:
You could almost do this with the Navigator Preview. You can use that to zoom in and out by dragging the view boundary.
Maybe true, but this was is much faster. You dont need to go from you working floor plan at all.
For zoom all, you double-click the middle mouse button and then to zoom to eg. specific area, wall corner, window, just use right mouse button+shift, or any other combination.
Its very fast and effective. Whole lot better then the curret "zoom to selection"
Anonymous
Not applicable
You can see "Zoom window" few times in Allplan here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMA8KR3Ffro
Stephen Dolbee
Booster
So far, I have been satisfied with using the scroll wheel to zoom in and out-with one exception. I have gone through 2 nostromo speed pads (broken scroll wheels). Now, the wheel on my mouse has broken. Maybe I just do too much zooming.
AC19(9001), 27" iMac i7, 12 gb ram, ATI Radeon HD 4850 512mb, OS 10.12.6
Learn and get certified!