Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

a Webinar on how Archicad develops in-house their GDL objects

leceta
Expert

I think it could be of great interest for us GDL developers to know the details on how Graphisoft is using their (or third party) toolset to manage and develop their sophisticated GDL objects for the standard Archicad Object Library.

9 REPLIES 9
Noemi Balogh
Community Admin
Community Admin

Hi @leceta,

Thank you for your idea. I'll bring this topic to my colleagues and we will see what is possible. I agree that this could be a nice topic for a webinar.

Kind regards,
Noémi

Noémi Balogh

Community Expert, Admin

leceta
Expert

Thanks, that wish seems an easy one and would probably expose very valuable information for GDL developers. 

I consider very interesting to know the workflows they are using for their daily coding routines.

Roger C
Booster

That would be a hell of a webinar. Specially if they dig in the structure and modules of the objects in the library.
Just imagine what customizations could be implemented if we actually get an idea of how the library was implemented....

i7 3770K / MSI GS73VR 7RF i7 7700HQ

16 gb

GTX 3060 / GTX 1060

Windows 10

ArchiCAD 25 SPA

he, he... yeah, but the process rather than the particular implementation of their objects.

Moreover, since the objects are "open sourced" the particular implementation of them is there ready to be studied, with the only caveat that "reading" them with a vanilla GDL IDE is quite an effort, apt only for the braves...

lopezfigueroa
Enthusiast

+1

Hi @Noemi Balogh any news?

Hi leceta,

Unfortunately I have no update here. When we have any news, will report here, but until that I would like to ask for your patience. Thank you.

Have a nice day!
Noémi

Noémi Balogh

Community Expert, Admin

leceta
Expert

@Peter Baksa  shared some general indications of the workflow they are using
https://community.Graphisoft.com/t5/Developer-forum/Sincere-Thanks-for-Not-Wasting-Resources-on-the-...

thanks Peter