Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

aperture representation in plan

Anonymous
Not applicable
After the big one (stairmaker), a much more modest wish...
Didn't you often have some apertures in walls you want to hide because they are "above" your plan "section"?
One will argue it is because AC does not generate "real" 3d plan section. I am personally quiet happy with the 2.5d plan representation. Actually, when it happens, I fill the hole with hatch (a zero height wall in fact, especially with composite) but I think if GS could add to the CONTOUR POP-UP CONTROL just an extra variable that let the wall hatching overlap the aperture symbol, it could save some cosmetic hatching...
3 REPLIES 3
Djordje
Ace
Philippe wrote:
Didn't you often have some apertures in walls you want to hide because they are "above" your plan "section"?
There are some windows that have the "Show in 2D" parameter that can be toggled on or off; I personallky love it just for situation like this (have a current project and am cursing every time I have to cut wall sinto peices vertically).

So a (probably?) easier to fulfill wish is to include this paameter in ALL the windows. Basically just to tell the 2D script not to do anything. The hoptspots should still remain there, and the most editing should be done in 3D of course ...
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Djordje but it does not fulfill my wish because when we make technical plans (scale 1/50, 1/20), we indicate apertures above the plan section in hidden style (dot lines) like all the major elements above the plan section (ceiling)
Anyway a modest wish...I said
Djordje
Ace
Philippe wrote:
Thanks Djordje but it does not fulfill my wish because when we make technical plans (scale 1/50, 1/20), we indicate apertures above the plan section in hidden style (dot lines) like all the major elements above the plan section (ceiling)
Anyway a modest wish...I said
Agreed; adding a "hidden" option wpuld not be hard to do either.

Oh if only I had the time for GDL
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen