Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

auto dimension to wall framing

Gus
Newcomer
I wish we could autodimention to the wall framing not the extent of the wall profile (if you are using a complex profile). Framers don't care about the stuff going on the outside of the wall like stucco or siding.
www.michaelgustavson.com Architect NY WI IL
Madison WI
Archicad21 MEP EcoDesSTAR Win10-64-bit
EliteBook8570W Corei7-3630QM@2.40GHz
QuadroK2000m RAM32 (2)250GBSSDs
4 Monitors Internet:4Up60Down
27 REPLIES 27
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Hi Pete

I would like to find out more about this problem you're experiencing. Unless I'm misunderstanding you, I've had no trouble picking up internal walls. The automatic dimensioning is far from perfect, but if you'd like to go into more detail and/or supply an example module, I'd be keen to take a look at it.

Cheers,
Link.
Pete
Newcomer
Thanks Link.
I attached a module with interior and exterior walls using composites as well as plain. With the composite walls, the reference line offset makes no difference to the auto dimensions. As you can see, the plain walls are dimensioned correctly but the composite interior walls are not picked up.
Pete Read
ArchiCAD 12; Artlantis Studio 2
MacBook Pro 2.4 Core2Duo, 2GB, OSX(10.5) and XPpro(SP3)
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Still seems okay here Pete. Attached is what I got from my autodimensioning attempt.

Cheers,
Link.
Pete
Newcomer
Bugger!
I brought your module into a new file, deleted the dimensions, selected all walls, applied the exterior dimensioning tool and voila...
same problem! The left side, having composite walls, did not include interior partitions in the dimension string, while the right side still worked correctly.

Are you on INT or US version? I can't think of what other differences in settings or WE that could be the cause.
Pete Read
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
I tried it with by merging the module into an ArchiCAD 11 Template file using AC11 1114 INT FULL.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Link,

I see you're using build 1114.

Any drawbacks? Have you pasted into elevations?
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Nothing especially problematic - just the usual shortcomings

Cheers,
Link.
Pete
Newcomer
My reseller, Greg Blunier, found the autodim glitch. He writes:

It seems from my testing that it does include the composite walls *unless* you have enabled "dimension to core only" (which, of course, you would want to do).

So once he reports it to GS as a bug, of course it will be fixed right away.
Pete Read