Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

autocad style selection or something similar

Anonymous
Not applicable
This has probably been mentioned before...
I really dislike having to select the arrow button and then selecting partial or entire elements selection....it''s a waste of clicks
28 REPLIES 28
Anonymous
Not applicable
TomWaltz wrote:
How would the right/left thing work with the Polygon or Rotated Rectangle selection methods?
I would suggest as follows:
  • - the choice of direction based selection for the standard rectangular selection
    - the additional choice of direction based selection for all geometry methods
The key thing is having user choice.
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
TomWaltz wrote:
How would the right/left thing work with the Polygon or Rotated Rectangle selection methods?
Good question!
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
TomWaltz
Participant
Andy wrote:
TomWaltz wrote:
I would suggest as follows:
  • - the choice of direction based selection for the standard rectangular selection
    - the additional choice of direction based selection for all geometry methods
The key thing is having user choice.
I think the ideal would be to
(1) add a third selection method, "All in", "Some in", and "direction sensitive".
(2) add a long-requested keyboard shortcut to toggle between the 3 options at will.
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
Good point, Tom!
Now let us keep our fingers crossed to see it AC10!
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have never used AutoCad but I know about the selection method and I find it useful, so i think this doesn;t only concern ex autocad users. This selection method could also work with a hit of a button+shift and mouse to any direction to either select partialy the elements or not..Kliment is right, it could be just a checkbox in the selection methods.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I've raised this one before (see 'Arrow Tool Mode Selection' further down the same page).

Frankly I wouldn't care whether you have the facility to select mode by the direction of the drag, or by a shortcut key. As long as it doesn't take 2 clicks to do it.

As I've said already, what's the point of being able to select the arrow tool with a shortcut, if you then have to take your eye off the ball to select the mode? (Back to dipping your pen in the inkwell by the side of your drawing board!)

KEITH

Archicad ver 10. Mac OSX 10.3.9
Anonymous
Not applicable
I agree - I'm voting essential - it would speed up drafting immeasurably. But the Marquee should have the same attribute - light marquee from left to right, heavy from right to left.
Anonymous
Not applicable
9 passed, 10 passed & even 11 passed, maybe....
Anonymous
Not applicable
Joseph wrote:
....even 11 passed, maybe....

So we have another year to wait to see if Graphisoft do take note of discussions and polls on this forum.

A simple wish but..............